Encouraging quotes can help you get through a rough patch.
Some days can be a battle for folks. Things can be anything from a little difficult to grave. In such moments, words of encouragement can mean a lot to your loved ones and friends. Some of the greatest men and women have used inspiring words in times of hardships to comfort and aid friends and relatives.
Here are some lovely encouraging quotes from some great people who have made the world a better place to live. Use the right quotes for the right situation to make a loved one feel better.
- The way get started is to quit talking and begin doing.
- Don’t let the muggles get you down.
- Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve.
- The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
- There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing.
- There are moments when troubles enter our lives and we can do nothing to avoid them. But they are there for a reason. Only when we have overcome them will we understand why they were there.
Paulo Coelho – author of The Alchemist
Quotes about Encouragement
- In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity.
- The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
- Be not afraid of life. Believe that life is worth living, and your belief will help create the fact.
- Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference.
- Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.
- I am thankful for all of those who said NO to me. It’s because of them I’m doing it myself.
Check out 27 Best Things Ever Written
- Our chief want is someone who will inspire us to be what we know we could be.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
- The best revenge is massive success.
- You learn more from failure than from success. Don’t let it stop you. Failure builds character.
Check out Inspiring Quotes for Women.
- The quickest way to double your money is to fold it over and put it back in your pocket.
- I attribute my success to this: I never gave or took any excuse.
- How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.
- If you’re offered a seat on a rocket ship, don’t ask what seat! Just get on.
- You cannot expect victory and plan for defeat.
- Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.
- It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.
- Nurture your mind with great thoughts. To believe in the heroic makes heroes.
- The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity.
Check out Courage Quotes.
Study Hard – Learn Well
- Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood.
- You get what you settle for.
Thelma and Louise
- Thankfully, persistence is a great substitute for talent.
- Talent is cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work.
- People who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.
- The real opportunity for success lies within the person and not in the job.
- Every strike brings me closer to the next home run.
- You must do the thing you think you cannot do.
- Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.
T. S. Eliot
- Instruction does much, but encouragement everything.
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- Big jobs usually go to the men who prove their ability to outgrow small ones.
- Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.
- Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more you sweat, the luckier you get.
Short Encouragement Quotes
- Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement.
W. Clement Stone
- I find hope in the darkest of days and focus on the brightest. I do not judge the universe.
- Only those who play to win. Only those who risk to win. History favors risk-takers. Forgets the timid. Everything else is commentary.
- Head up, heart open. To better days!
- Fall seven times, stand up eight.
- Entrepreneurs are great at dealing with uncertainty and also very good at minimizing risk. That’s the classic entrepreneur.
- Whoever loves much, performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well.
Vincent Van Gogh
- We become what we think about.
- Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.
Thomas A. Edison
- If you don’t build your dream, someone else will hire you to help them build theirs.
- Come friends, it’s not too late to seek a newer world.
- Most of us, swimming against the tides of trouble the world knows nothing about, need only a bit of praise or encouragement – and we will make the goal.
Tip: Consider using these encouraging quotes for photo captions, notes to friends and photo books.
Keep Your Chin Up
- We may encounter many defeats but we must not be defeated.
- The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.
- You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.
- Pearls don’t lie on the seashore. If you want one, you must dive for it.
- The harder you fall, the heavier your heart; the heavier your heart, the stronger you climb; the stronger you climb, the higher your pedestal.
- It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves.
- We generate fears while we sit. We overcome them by action.
Dr. Henry Link
Encouraging Quote Image
If you have any suggestions for our Encouraging Quotes page, please let us know via the Contact page. Thanks.
You’re on Encouraging Quotes – page 2 of 3 of Encouraging Words and Quotes
page 1 – Encouraging Words and Sayings
2 – Encouraging Quotes
3 – Words of Encouragement
You might enjoy:
Sayings about Nurses
Quotations on Being Cool